Wednesday 18 March 2015

Shawl talk and Ameerah the doll


I am working on a new doll design. She is the doll on the left in the picture (Meggie is on the right and is already available as a pattern on etsy a Crafty and  Raverly

She is for sell on etsy.https://www.etsy.com/shop/Deena6A?section_id=10748667&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1 


The new doll 's name is Ameerah, and I just ordered some yarn on knitpicks that I want for her clothing. Couldn't find the exact colours I wanted in town, that wouldn't cost a small fortune.  Right now Knitpicks has a lot of yarn on sale and also has a discount code on site for 15% off your order. WOO HOO! I love sales and discounts on yarn!


I am going to use her for a few of my youtube videos in the future. I wont' share just yet what I have in store for her but I think, if all goes as plan, she is going to be a great addition to my doll pattern collection. I will be posting progress pictures as Ameerah comes to life. Can't wait for her yarn to arrive.


Here is a sneak peak at my colours I ordered. I will be using other yarn and colours I have in my stash but these babies below are just what I needed. 



Bamboo Heather WoTA Superwash


Persimmon Heather WoTA Superwash




Semolina WoTA Superwash




Aren't those colours awesome?? Can't wait till they arrive! If you want to join in the future KAL of Ameerah join us at We Make Dolls On Raverly. 



I also ordered three other colours in tweed for another project I have planned for my Monday knit knitting group. 


I have a plan to write out a shawl pattern that is similar to one I saw for sale online that I find too over priced for such a simple pattern. I have not bought the pattern because I know how to construct that particular type of shawl and I don't need to pay to read where to put stripes and colours. 


I will post what I write up here since this is NOT the pattern for sale but just my own twist on a classic contructed shawl that is easy to find anywhere on line how to construct for free. 


Anyways I will be prining it up for my Monday night  knitters. I think my new knitters will really love it because this will be an easy yet satifying and usable beginner project. And it will be fun. Have I mentioned how much I love my Monday night knitting group??? It's like we stepped back in time. Just hanging out and knitting and chatting. We just need to sit by the  hearth by candle light to make it complete!


These are the 3 colours I have ordered to make for myself


Brass Heather WotA Tweed




Dill Heather WotA Tweed






Farmhouse Heather WotA Tweed



I love these colours and can't wait to start the shawl. I may actually start another one in yarn I have in stash for my buddy Jewl's. We need shawls to sit at the fire at camp. I think I may have some stash in colours she likes. Hmmmm... makes me want to start right now!


I will be posting about the Shawl progress so stay tune! It's nearly spring, everyone is going to want one, and who doesn't love something quick and easy to knit up and share.


I am also working on this free pattern called Sciarpone found here. What is a Sciarpone? Well the most awesome, scarf/sweater EVER!! I have nearly completed mine and will share pictures when done, but what a easy gratifying knit. Love it. I know I will wear it lots this spring. It can be worn with anything!! Look how awesome they are




Lots on the needles right now, which always makes me in a good mood! 


Happy  knitting and stay tune for more fun in yarn!




4 comments:

  1. Lovely colours for your next doll Ameerah.......the yarn is in 50gram balls.....would it be best to buy 100grams so i have enough?.......also would i need brown for Head, torso etc?.............as my nearest yarn store is 1hr.30mins bus ride away and i hope to make a visit next week i would like to get what i need for Ameerah at the same time........so glad you have a black doll i have been wanting to make one for a while now........thank you ..................Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered two of each just to be safe. I used red heart coffee for her skin. I also used dark brown for her sandel which you can't really see in this picture but the brown is much darker than the coffee. There will be other colours I use too and I will make sure to write them down but you can be safe in the fact it will be worsted yarn. Not set on all the colours yet, but these above were the ones I had in my mind that I couldn't really find around me that were similar to what I wanted. The last three pictures of yarn are the ones I ordered for the shawl I want to make for me. I started another one already in yarn I have in stash and I am REALLY pleased with it so far. :) I will be sharing soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deena............look forward to making Ameerah.........the colours for your shawl are great i like the mixture yarn..........

      Delete
  3. thanks! I think I will be done the first one by end of this weekend :) really fun easy knit.

    ReplyDelete