Monday 23 March 2015

Not a great picture BUT! My first shawl attempt is done


Well I finished the shawl and I really love how it turned out. I used yarn I had on hand and although it isn't my choice of yarn to use it was great to fool around with to figure out how to knit this shawl without a pattern.

I have written out what I did but the basics are simple


SHAWL:
Worked back and forth on circular 
Cast on 3 sts on circular needle size 4.5 mm / US 7 with  

ROW 1: Kfb, K 1, Kfb.
ROW 2: slip stitch knit wise, K to last sts,  purl
ROW 3: slip stitch knit wise,K 2 tog, Knit to last  3 stitches and Kfb, purl .
ROW 4: slip stitch knit wise, K all to last sts, purl
ROW 5: slip stitch knit wise, Knit to last 3 stitches, Kfb, kfb, purl


Repeat rows 2-5 until you have 200 stitches or to length you desire.
i-cord bind off

I have my stripes written out also but will post those later when I fine tune it a bit if anyone is interested, but the variations are endless.

Such a quick easy satifying knit. I am going to bring it to my Monday night knitting group this evening. I have a feeling my new knitters are going to be all over this. I want to make another! My knit picks yarn arrived today so I can start the one I want for me asap. 

Next on the needles is another shawl like poncho that girl child requested. I decided I am going to make a leaflet poncho with ruffles since she saw a picture of a wrap and fell in love with it. she thinks it's a poncho because of how it is drapped and I think for her, a poncho would be best.

Speaking of Ponchos, I also bought this gorgeous pattern and yarn a bit back from Knitpicks

It is beautful and I started it awhile back but stopped because I got side tracked. What drew me to this sweater was the fantastic design and the eye popping colours. I LOVE it. But in reality, I am not sure I would wear this sweater often. So last night when I was having a hard time sleeping... again. It came to me, I should just use the yarn and the colourwork and make me a poncho instead- an asymmentrical one. I KNOW I would wear a poncho of this every day that I needed a sweater. I am a poncho/wrap/shawl type of gal. 

I still want to knit this sweater one day but I think it would suit a smaller girl than me. hmmm I know some slim girls who would look fantastic in this.

So besides Ameerah the doll I am suppose to be working on, I am kind of on a shawl/poncho kick and am going to ride it while I am into it. 
Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment