Thursday 26 March 2015

Epilepsy Awareness Day



This is boy child #5


This is the face of Epilepsy- my heart and sole. 

My little buddy who has made me earn the title of MOM more than any of my children. 

He is son #5 and child #5- the child who made me realize that no matter how much you think you have this parenting thing down, you don't... and no one does. 

Wearing purple isn't going to cure epilepsy, but maybe it will make people more aware. You would be surprised how many families are struck by Epilepsy. I know I was. I also know that I was very naive and scared of the WORD even. 

It is a very misunderstood condition, I am learning every day how to parent and understand a child with epilepsy. It is not going to be the same for everyone because no two people are identical. 

More importantly I must remind myself that I am not going through this, he is. 

This is his life and I can only help do all I can for him. He is the one living with it.

 One day I hope they can discover the mysteries of the brain and help people like my boy. 

That's the biggest problem, eplipsey is still pretty much a mystery, and that is what causes me more anxiety than anything.

I am wearing purple today. Not because it is going to cure epilepsy but to make people aware and because my family is one of the families where epilepsy lives. We are the face of Epilepsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment