Sunday 3 May 2015

A bonnet fit for a Princess


Let me start off by saying this. I LOVE that BONNET. It is gorgeous and as a knitter I instantly want to knit one.

I love the blanket too but the bonnet is what I am attracted to more. I want it! I do not have a baby in my future to knit it for but that is besides the point. There are always going to be babies that need an adorable bonnet.

I really find moms are going back to the classics and this bonnet (and blanket) hit the spot. I haven't a clue what the new little princess' name is but her little knitted ensemble is to die for. A perfect gift for an expectant mother.


So that said, I was up till 2 am trying to knit this little hat up. I need to work through some quirks and I didn't pick a great yarn for the prototype- it looks like it would fit a 6 month old not a newborn but I think I am very close!


I am assuming eventually there will be an official pattern release from the real designer? I hope so. This little bonnet is a keepsake in the making.


Update! First prototype pictures- It fits a 6 month old, and I should have used different yarn, the model is a doll so the ears are pastic and stick out- also not sure if what I did for the cabling is correct as in the original. Can't think of what other type of cabling it would be??

Anyways here are the first pictures of my first attempt









3 comments:

  1. lovely bonnet, can't wait when my sons makes me a granny:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I updated pictures of the first attempt! I need to do some tweaking to make it more like the princess' bonnet. Different yarn, etc.. working on it next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! It's a lovely bonnet!

    ReplyDelete