Friday 22 May 2015

The View Outside

The View Outside

I look out this window
At the great big world out there
And I really have to wonder
Is there anyone left who cares

The years of life keep passing, each day and each year
And with it, I can’t help it
Is this growing, knowing despair
Can it really be, this ugly?
Is there no kindness anywhere?
Is mankind always hateful, no matter who we are?

Can this be? This reality?
Humanity crashing down on its knees
Over zealots people overjoyed by other’s dark deeds

I sit back from the window with my heart beating low
Darkness all around me chills me to the bone
I wonder where’s the happiness gone and if it was ever there
And I shutter by the coldness of all that hate steals

Can it be? This reality?
Humanity crashing down on its knees
Hopeless, hateful people
Saturating every once of air we breathe.

A small hand reaches up from the darkness
Holds a necklace made of weeds
Here’s a dandelion promise
That I will be good and work hard to be kind
Don’t let the darkness suck you up
Don’t let the hate win
Take my hand Mommy,
We have to try again

It can’t be? This reality?
Not all humanity is on their knees
Hopeful, loving people are still trying to breath

Stand up
Close the window
Hold the hand of the Jeweler
I can’t stop the hateful
But I can change my view for his future
~Deena Thomson~

No comments:

Post a Comment